The Compost Park is Manheim Township’s central composting facility, open to Manheim Township residents only. The composting park accepts garden residues, shrubbery and tree pruning, sod, leaves and grass for composting. Wood mulch and leaf compost are available for use in yard landscapes and gardens.
The Manheim Township Compost Park uses a gated system for residents to dispose of material. The park is limited to Manheim Township residents only. Residents must obtain an access card from the Municipal Office, located at 1840 Municipal Drive, Mon-Fri, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM, in order to use the gated system. The access card will be issued free of charge. Additional information will be provided upon issuance of the access card.
Hours: (weather dependent):
January 2 thru March 31 - 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
April 1 thru September 30 - 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
October 1 thru November 7 - 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
November 8 thru December 31 - 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Please reference the service and pricing guidelines below to assist you with your visit to our Compost Park:
Yard waste materials accepted at the site:
- Garden residues, shrubbery and tree prunings, sod, leaves and grass
Passenger Car\SUV\Station Wagon:
Rate - $2.00
Passenger Car Trailer Combination:
Rate - $15.00
Pickup Truck (less than 1-ton) or Trailer (maximum length of 12 feet):
Rate - $10.00
Dump Truck/Box Truck/1-ton Pickups with Sideboards:
Any and all loads - $15.00 per vehicle per load
Dump Truck Trailer Combination:
Rate - $20.00
Holiday trees will be accepted at Compost Park free of charge until March 31.
NOTICE - the Township will no longer be selling or providing free recyclable bags for leaves or general yard waste use. Please see your local garden centers and similar retail outlets. Only Township residents living on State highways, which do not receive free leaf pickup service, will be supplied recyclable bags for leaves.
Fall Leaf Pickup Program
- Township residents receive free curbside leaf pickup from October to December. Residents are encouraged to place their leaves at curbside or along their property in coordination with the Township leaf pickup schedule.
- Township residents may drop off leaves at the Compost Park for free during the Fall Leaf Pickup Program.
- Wood mulch is available for free while supplies last.
- Leaf compost is available for free while supplies last. No truck or trailer loads are permitted.