Code Compliance Department
Applying for and Obtaining Building & Other Code Related Permits
- IN PERSON: Make Application for Building Permits OR obtain Over-The-Counter Permits in person at our office M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm
- VIA PERMIT PORTAL: File applications via our Permit Portal. Click on circular CityView graphic link below to sign up for and use the Permit Portal. The Permit Portal supports several over-the-counter permit types.
- VIA FIRST CLASS MAIL: File applications via mail:
- Complete the applicable fillable .PDF permit application found in the left margin link named "Permit Applications". Permit Applications require digital signature or original signature.
- For Building Permits complete the applicable "Building Permit Fee Worksheet" also found in the left margin.
- Submit two (2) copies of plans and specifications along with Permit Application and Fee Worksheet.
- Two (2) sets of hard copy original plans and site plans are to submitted via First Class Mail or dropped at the Municipal Office c/o Department of Code Compliance.
To provide and promote quality and safe buildings and structures through effective and efficient administration and enforcement of codes, to provide a safe environment, and to do so with the best possible service within our means to promote the general health, safety and welfare for the community.
- Issuing permits for residential and non-residential construction activity as required per the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code (PA UCC), applicable Township Ordinances and Administrative Orders
- Performing site inspections related to construction permits to ensure compliance with PA UCC, applicable Ordinances and Administrative Orders
- Enforce the Property Maintenance Code of Manheim Township, Ordinance 2018-4
- Field complaints related to property maintenance concerns
- Perform field inspections and initiate enforcement actions against property maintenance code violations