Open Records Requests
Manheim Township is in compliance with the requirements of PA Act 3 of 2008, the Right to Know and Open Records laws. This law insures that public information and records pertaining to the Township government are open and available and serve as a resource for citizens, public officials and members of the media.
Right to Know Officers
The Township’s Right to Know Officer is Susan Schaeffer, the Township’s Assistant Secretary. Contact Susan Schaeffer to obtain Township’s records from the Administration, Code Compliance, Finance, Fire Rescue, Golf, Planning and Zoning, Public Library, Public Works, and Recreation and Park Planning.
Acting Chief of Police Brian Freysz is responsible for the records of the Police Department.
Process to Request an Open Record
If you would like to make a request for a copy of an Open Record, complete the required Open Records Request Form (PDF).
Your request should then be emailed, faxed or sent to the Right to Know Officer.
Submit general requests to Susan Schaeffer, Assistant Secretary.
For Police Department specific requests, please submit forms to Acting Police Chief Freysz.
Upon receipt of a request, the Right to Know Officer will:
- Note the date of receipt on the written request.
- Compute the day on which the five-day period will expire and make a notation of that date on the written request.
- Maintain an electronic or paper copy of a written request, including all documents submitted with the request until the request has been fulfilled. If the request is denied, the written request shall be maintained for 30 days or, if an appeal is filed, until a final determination is issued or the appeal is deemed denied.
Appeals should be made to the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records within 15 business days of the mailing date of the Township’s denial of a record. Appeals should be sent to the Office of Open Records, Commonwealth Keystone Building, 400 North St., 4th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17120-0225.
For more information on what is required to appeal a decision to deny a record, Pennsylvania’s Office of Open Records’ website.
Open Records Request Policies and Fees
View the Township’s Open Records Policies and Fee Schedule for "Right to Know" requests in Manheim Township.
Manheim Township’s General Government Open Records Request Policy (PDF)
Open Records Request Fees and Charges
Open Records Request Forms
View the forms related to "Right to Know" and open records requests in Manheim Township.
- Manheim Township Right To Know Records Request Form (PDF)
- Owner Verification Form - Building Permit/Plan record requests (PDF)
- Owner Verification & Consent Form - Third party requests (PDF)