As a resident of Manheim Township, you are required to have weekly refuse and recycling pickup. Residents are free to choose from any of the registered township haulers. Refuse is collected one time per week and is collected on the same day as your recycling.
Placement for Collection:
- All refuse should be placed in a leak-proof container with a close fitting lid or cover for storage and placed curbside for pick up.
- Please place residential containers along streets for pick up.
- Do not place containers along streets for pickup sooner than 3:00 p.m. on the day before the scheduled pick up.
- Do not leave refuse and recycling containers at the place of collection longer than 12 hours after the scheduled day of collection.
- Prior to placing curbside, please make arrangements with your refuse hauler for puck up of all over-sized refuse items, such as furniture, mattresses, grills, etc. Please do not place these items curbside until the day before the scheduled pick up.
- Remove the doors from all refrigerators, freezers, etc. before placing curbside for pick up.
Hours of Collection:
- Regular municipal waste and recyclable materials shall be collected from residential units and farms between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Collection for nonresidential units shall be between the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- If your scheduled pick up falls on a holiday, please contact your hauler to determine your pick up dates. Typically, if your refuse collection day falls on a holiday, then pick up will be delayed by one day.
- If your refuse is missed, please contact your hauler as soon as possible.
- Manheim Township has a commingled recycling program. This means that you may mix together the cans, glass and plastic bottles in your green recycling bin. You do not need to worry about keeping them separate. Newspaper, however, must be stored and recycled separately.
- A bin can be requested from your hauler or purchased for $20 at the Manheim Township Municipal Office.
- Lost, stolen, damaged or additional bins can be purchased at the Municipal Office, 1840 Municipal Drive, for a nominal fee. For additional information, please contact the Public Works Department at 717-569-6406 ext. 1129.
For further tips on preparing recyclables, please refer to Preparing Recyclable Materials (PDF).