- Age 12-15
- Strong or proficient swimming ability to complete a 200 yard swim and tread water for 2 consecutive minutes.
At the conclusion of the class sessions, all successful swimmers will graduate with the following:
- A baseline knowledge of all American Red Cross in-water lifesaving techniques
- A baseline knowledge of Citizen CPR and AED usage.
Please note, this is not the full American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course and no certification will be earned.
Does your teen have a desire to become a lifeguard one day, but isn’t old enough to take a traditional class? Enroll them into our 6 course as a Junior Lifeguard! Our MT Junior Lifeguard Program is designed for kids and helps build a foundation of knowledge, attitudes, and skills for future success in a lifeguarding program. The goal of the program is to introduce students to lifesaving skills and allow participants to gain hands-on experience in the water. This class will be taught by an American Red Cross instructor and consist of in-water skills and a First Aid/CPR/AED skills. Participation in this class will help setup your child for success when they take the full lifeguard course beginning at age 15+.
- Session 1: Monday, August 7th & Tuesday, August 8th from 9am-12pm at Skyline Pool
- Session 2: Thursday, August 10th & Friday, August 11th from 9am-12pm at Overlook Pool
Class Cost - $25 per person, which includes pool time, instruction, and a take-home whistle and lanyard.
(Limit of 10 students per session)