(April 7, 2020) The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners continue to take precautionary measures and actions in response to the ever-changing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As we continue in these difficult times, these actions are being taken to meet our goals of providing for the health and safety of our residents and employees.
The following actions have been taken and the following Manheim Township facilities and programs are affected by the precautionary measures:
(04/07/2020) – The Manheim Township Commissioners have reluctantly agreed to close the Manheim Township Compost Park at the end of the business day on Saturday, April 11, 2020 until further notice. There has been a surge in the number of customers from all over Lancaster County and an over-abundance of material dropped off. The decision was made in an effort to encourage social distancing and to lessen the environmental impact on the site.
(04/07/2020) – All closures and postponements listed below have been extended until at least Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Declaration of Local Disaster Emergency – The Manheim Township Board of Commissioners have officially executed a Local Disaster Emergency, coinciding with the Federal, State, and County declarations
- Manheim Township Municipal Office – The Township office located at 1840 Municipal Drive has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. Some employees of the Municipal Office are currently not working, while key employees may be working from home. Please contact the Municipal Office at 717-569-6408, every attempt is being made to respond to voice mails and emails.
- Manheim Township Police Department Lobby - The Township police department main lobby located at 1825 Municipal Drive has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety.
- Manheim Township Public Library – The library was closed effective Monday, March 16th, 2020. This closure includes the cancellation or postponement of all programs and activities within the time frame indicated. The library book-drops are closed and locked at this time.
- Manheim Township Recreation and Park Planning Department – Recreation and park planning facilities were closed effective Monday, March 16th, 2020. This closure includes the cancellation or postponement of all programs and activities within the time frame indicated. This also includes the preschool program at The Boettcher House. This also includes the Stauffer Mansion office. Please call 717-290-7180 for information on deadline extensions or other questions.
- Overlook Golf Course – The Overlook Golf Course located at 2040 Lititz Pike has been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is in keeping with the Governor’s request to close non-essential facilities. This closure also includes the driving range facilities.
- Manheim Township Office of Code Compliance Per Governor’s Wolf’s directive on March 19, 2020, Manheim Township Code Compliance Department will not be performing residential or non-residential construction inspections. We will consider non-construction related inspection requests on a case-by-case basis. Connect with our team via phone, email and through our website: www.ManheimTownship.org for the latest updates. Thank you for your understanding.
- Permit applications are still being accepted. All pertinent forms and submittal guides can be located on our website. Plumbing, mechanical, electrical and certificates of use and occupancy permits may be applied for and paid online through our permit portal. To access the portal please visit, https://cityview.manheimtownship.org/CityViewPortal
- Building permits may be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed directly to: Code Compliance 1840 Municipal Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601. Please ensure that you received notification that your permit application was received.
- Manheim Township Fire Rescue - All three Manheim Township Fire Rescue stations have been closed to the general public effective March 17, 2020. This closure is to provide social distancing between the Township employees and the general public for everyone’s safety. All three fire rescue stations are fully staffed and operational at this time with no interruption in services.
- Manheim Township Tax Collector Office – The MT Tax Collectors office is impacted by the closure of the MT Municipal Office. Please see the directions below from the MT Tax Collector:
Message from The Office of Tax Collector, Patricia Kabel
There will be some slight changes regarding to County/Municipal real estate tax collection during this current tax season.
All COUNTY/MUNICIPAL REAL ESTATE TAXES ARE DUE AS STATED ON YOUR CURRENT BILL.
THE DUE DATES HAVE NOT BEEN ALTERED IN ANY WAY.
PLEASE WRITE YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON YOU PAYMENT SO I CAN REACH YOU IF YOUR PAYMENT HAS AN ERROR.
I AM AVAILABLE TO YOU AT ALL TIMES!
I CHECK MY VOICE MAIL AND EMAIL MESSAGES DAILY!
PLEASE CALL ME AT 717-569-6408 ex: 1103 OR EMAIL ME AT TAX@MANHEIMTOWNSHIP.ORG, OR TAKE MY BUSINESS CARD DISPLAYED ON THE FRONT DOOR AND AT THE GREEN DROP BOX AT THE TOWNSHIP OFFICE.
With the lobby being closed to the public, taxpayers have the option of:
- Dropping your taxes in the SECURE GREEN DROP BOX to the right of the entrance of the municipal building at 1840 Municipal Dr. The Green Drop box is behind the pillar. You cannot see it from the curb.
- You can continue to mail in your payment, if you choose. All mail will be opened and processed as usual.
- I discourage CASH payment in the drop box. I would prefer to receive either money order, or certified checks from those taxpayers not paying with personal checks.
- Be sure to include a SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE, if you wish to receive a receipt. Receipts are mailed the very same day that your check is processed.
- If you need a bill or receipt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 717-569-6408 ex: 1103.
Thank you for your patients and cooperation during this time and I wish you all the best of health.
Our Township Emergency Management staff along with other Township staff and elected officials will continue to monitor the recommendations from the county, state and federal officials and health experts as this situation changes. We will also continue to communicate with you, the community, of any additional impacts to the Township and its services as a result of the Coronavirus. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented and dynamic situation.
We encourage you to monitor reliable sources on COVID-19 including:
PA Dept. of Health – https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
# # #