Police Advisory Committee
- Third Thursday at 7:00 p.m. beginning December 17, 2020
- Manheim Township Public Library
595 Granite Run Drive
Lancaster, PA 17601
The Police Advisory Committee is a citizens' advisory committee to review, research, analyze, discuss and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners on policing practices, policies and funding within the Township.
The purpose of the Police Advisory Committee is to perform the following tasks:
- gather information about the policies, practices, training, recruitment and operation of the Manheim Township police department;
- provide a forum for public input on policing within the Township;
- review and discuss ideas, thoughts and proposals related to the policies, practices, training and operation of the police department, including evaluating and considering the proper role and scope of the police within the community;
- determine whether there are historical, institutional or systemic policies, practices, training materials or procedures that can lead to the disparate (unequal) treatment of African-Americans or Hispanics or have a disparate impact on communities of color;
- review and make recommendations on consultants and training materials that could be used for police officers regarding the history of race relations in the United States that also would address the potential for unconscious bias or stereotypes in policing; and
- develop recommendations related to the policies, practices, training and operation of the police department
The Police Advisory Committee shall consist of 15 members appointed by the Commissioners.