If you are planning on finishing a portion or your entire basement, you may need a building permit.
Building Permit Required:
- Converting unfinished space in a basement to a recreation room, family room, bedroom, bar area, exercise room, craft room, bathroom, etc.
- Submit the following in person or via first class mail for review and approval:
- Completed and signed Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Completed Fee Schedule Worksheet.
- Two (2) copies of complete plans and specifications.
- Two (2) copies of a site plan and other applicable zoning documentation.
No Building Permit Required:
- No building permit needed for cosmetic work to an existing finished basement including replacement of a drop ceiling, wall finish replacement and/or electrical device replacement (receptacles, switches and light fixtures).