Zoning permits are required for all new construction not requiring a building permit.
Accessory structures such as sheds and outbuildings; decks; patios and paved terraces; pools; sidewalks or walkways, fences and gazebos. For more information, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department.
For changes, additions or modifications to a property which only require zoning review and approval, a Zoning Permit the only permit required. This includes:
- Sheds and outbuildings (prefabricated or site-built) which are 400 square feet or smaller.
- Decks in which the walking surface of the deck is 30 inches or less above the ground.
- Patios and paved terraces
- Fences and landscape walls
- Sidewalks or walkways not in the “road right-of-way”.
- Detached private garage 400 square feet or smaller.
- Any other items the Zoning Officer should deem appropriate.
Not sure if your property is considered residential or non-residential? Still confused about what type of permit may be required? Contact us, we are here to help you through this process.
It is our goal to review and approve all permit applications within ten business days from the date of submittal. During the spring and summer months, the time required will increase due to the number of plans requiring review. Each permit is reviewed in order of submittal and no work may commence until approved. Please plan accordingly!