Commercial Construction Permits
For a general overview of the submittal requirements for commercial projects such as, new construction, additions, alterations, review our Permit Submittal Guide for Commercial Projects.
Each sub-page in the margin to the left outlines the permit requirements for each type of commercial project with links to the applicable applications and forms.
Other projects not represented in the sub-pages, which require a building permit for commercial work, include:
- Hot tubs/Spas
- Swimming Pools
- Roofing, siding, windows and doors. Contact the Code Compliance Department to discuss exterior finish replacements. Not all cosmetic work will require a building permit.
- For re-roofing projects, complete the Commercial Re-Roofing Permit Supplement (PDF) and submit along with your building permit application.
- Accessory Structures – Prefabricated and Site Built
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Standby Generators
BUILDING PERMIT SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
Code Compliance Requirements
- Submit the following in person or via first class mail for review and approval:
- If you have questions with the construction drawing and/or permit requirements contact the Code Compliance Department.
Planning and Zoning Requirements
- Two (2) copies of a site plan and other applicable zoning documentation.
- Refer to Chapter 2 of Commercial Construction Submittal Guide (PDF) for specific zoning requirements.
- If you have questions with the site plan and/or zoning review process contact the Planning and Zoning Department.