Manheim Township’s public water is supplied by the City of Lancaster’s Water Department.
For service, billing/payment, questions/concerns or water quality reports, contact the City of Lancaster Water Department.
The majority of Manheim Township’s public sanitary sewer service is provided by Lancaster Area Sewer Authority.
For service, billing/payment, or questions/concerns, contact Lancaster Area Sewer Authority.
A small number of Manheim Township properties located close to the City of Lancaster are provided sanitary sewer service by the City of Lancaster.
For information about Lancaster City Sewer Authority, please call 717-291-4825.
As a resident of Manheim Township, you are required to have weekly refuse pickup. Residents are free to choose from any of the Registered Township Haulers (PDF).
Here are some guidelines to help you with your disposal needs:
- Refuse is collected one time per week and is to be collected on the same day as your recycling.
- Containers may not be placed along streets for pickup sooner than 3:00 p.m. on the day before your scheduled pickup.
- Containers shall not be left along the streets longer than 12 hours after your scheduled day of collection.
- Permitted Township haulers shall pick up refuse between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- If your scheduled pickup falls on a holiday, please contract your hauler to determine your pickup day. Typically, if your refuse collection day falls on a holiday, then pickup will be delayed by one day.
- If your refuse is missed, please contact your hauler as soon as possible.
- Arrange pick up of all over-sized refuse items, such as furniture, mattresses, grills, etc., through your hauler.
View the refuse and recycling collection page for more information.
In Pennsylvania, you may choose the company that generates your electricity, also known as your electric supplier. View a list of suppliers.
PPL Electric Utilities continues to be the electric delivery system for Manheim Township.
In Pennsylvania, you may choose the company that provides your natural gas. For a list of providers, visit the PaGasSwitch website.
UGI Utilities, Inc. continues to be the natural gas delivery system for Manheim Township.
Phone, Cable and Internet
Comcast Xfinity is the franchise which provides television, phone and internet service.
Verizon offers both phone and internet service to the Township as well.
Satellite TV companies also offer phone/internet options.
Other service providers are welcome to do business within Manheim Township.